Ice Cream Quick Bread- Easy recipe coming at you today! Just two ingredients is all you need for this amazing bread. Dress this up or down to fit your taste.
What are the Two Ingredients?
- Ice Cream
- Self Rising Flour
Can I use any flavor ice cream? Yes. It can be any flavor! I do recommend using a full fat ice cream and be sure it’s softened.
How soft should the ice cream be? You don’t want it a melted soupy mess, but, it should be soft enough to stir.
I don’t have any self rising flour! Can I make it homemade? Yes. Replace it with regular AP flour, a dash of salt and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
📌 Pin it for Later
How to Make:
- In a bowl, mix together softened ice cream with flour. Simply mix it until no dry spots are left in the batter.
- There is no need to pull out the big mixer for these. A good size mixing bowl and a wooden spoon will do the trick.
- Spread the batter in a greased loaf pan and bake.
My batter seems dry? What should I do? If your batter is too dry, your ice cream may not be soft enough. Adding 1-2 teaspoons of milk should help it out.
Dress Up Your Quick Bread:
- Ours has rainbow sprinkles and chocolate chips mixed in. Plus, I added a powdered sugar glaze on top. You can serve this bread plain or dress it up with a mix in of mixed nuts, different flavored baking chips, toasted coconut, fresh fruit, cinnamon sugar, or cookie pieces. Your options are endless!
Storage: Keep any leftover bread in a covered container. If desired, you can freeze this bread. Store the cooled bread in a freezer safe covered container or storage bag.
More Quick Bread Recipes:
- Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread
- Coconut Quick Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Brown Sugar Blueberry Quick Bread
- 2 cups softened ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix together softened ice cream and flour. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes of until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let bread cool for 15-20 minutes, then, remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate