Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse- Creamy chocolate mousse that needs just two ingredients and takes no time at all to make. Serve it plain or with a dollop of whipped cream, fruit or chopped nuts.
Just a few ingredients
Recipe Notes & Questions Answered
- Chocolate Chips: I used semi sweet for ours. However, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate for this mousse.
- Powdered Sugar: This is an optional ingredient. It all depends on what type of chocolate chips you use and how sweet you want your mousse. I have made it with the powdered sugar and without. Both were delicious!
How Much Mousse Does this Make?
This makes approx 2 1/2 cups of mousse. It will serve anywhere from 4 to 6 people. Depending how how much mousse your guests will eat and how you serve it.
You can simply serve this from one bowl or in individual serving dishes or ramekins.
We ate ours plain (yum!), but, you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream, whipped topping ( ex: Cool Whip), chopped nuts or your favorite fruit.
Just Two Ingredients?! Try These Too:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream + 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 TBSP powdered sugar (optional)
- In your microwave or over low heat on the stove top, melt chocolate chips with 1/2 cup of whipping cream. Stirring frequently, continue until the chips are melted and the mixture is smooth. * see note
- Set aside for about 15-30 minutes until it's cooled.
- While the chocolate is cooling, beat 2/3 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. If desired, you can add in powdered sugar while the cream is whipping.
- Add the cooled, melted chocolate into the whipped cream. Fold to combine.
- Store the mousse in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving to chill.
- * if you are melting in the microwave, do so in 30-35 second intervals. this will help prevent burning.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Farberware 5216439 Professional Plastic Measuring Cups with Coffee Spoon, Set of 5, Assorted Colors
Enjoy Life Baking Chocolate, Soy free, Nut free, Gluten free, Dairy free, Non GMO, Vegan, Paleo, Dark Chocolate Morsels, 9 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Cuisinart GG-12 GreenGourmet Hard Anodized 12-Piece Set, Black/Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 28mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 5gSugar: 52gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate