Easy Chocolate Pudding- Greek yogurt gives this delicious pudding a super creamy texture and lowers the fat just a bit. Serve it with a dollop of your favorite whipped cream for an easy chocolaty treat.
If you haven’t had real chocolate pudding in your life, you are missing out! I’m not talking about the stuff that comes in the little plastic cup either. I mean, real homemade chocolate pudding made very easily on your stove top. Dee-licious. ♡
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Water + Vanilla
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
What Supplies are Needed? You will need a small and medium size mixing bowl. Plus, a whisk and medium size saucepan. Lastly, measuring cups/spoons and container with a lid for storage.
Make Your Pudding:
- First, whisk together yogurt and vanilla. Set aside.
- Then, in another bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Make sure all the lumps have been removed. Set that aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, water and cocoa powder until smooth. Let it all come to a simmer and then, whisk in additional milk and cornstarch mixture. Keep a close eye on it and cook for just another two minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then, whisk it together with the yogurt/vanilla mixture.
- Place your pudding in a covered container and let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Can it be served warm? Yes. But, I do recommend letting it cool for at least 30 minutes beforehand. If the pudding has already set, simply warm it slightly in a saucepan or in your microwave.
Don’t forget the whipped cream-
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder and water. Bring to simmer and whisk in 1 1/2 cups of milk and cornstarch mixture. Continue cooking 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and let mixture sit for 5 minutes. Then, whisk into yogurt/vanilla mixture. until fully combined.
- Place in a covered container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- adapted from Cabot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate