Salisbury Steak- Seasoned ground beef patties served with a smooth brown gravy. This classic comfort food goes perfectly with a side of creamy mashed potatoes.
Tools you’ll need
Can I Use Ground Turkey Instead?
Yes. This recipe will also work with ground turkey. Since ground turkey has less fat, you may want to add a bit of oil to your pan before cooking. You can also cut back your cooking time about a minute on each side.
How Do I Know When The Patties are Fully Cooked?
The internal temperature of your patties should be at least 160 degrees when they are fully cooked. If you are using ground turkey, the temperature should be at least 165 degrees. See the recipe card for the meat thermometer I use and like.
Can I Use a Gluten Free or Low Sodium Gravy Mix?
Yep! As long as you stick with the brown gravy variety, the brand/type are your choice. See the recipe card to see the brand I used.
A look back
- one year ago: Apple Dump Cake
- two years ago: Vanilla Butter Cake
- three years ago: Marshmallow Fluff Chocolate Cake
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 TBSP ketchup
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- 2- .87 ounce envelopes brown gravy
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt/pepper. Mix until fully combined.
- Form the meat mixtures into 4 equal size patties. Over medium heat, place the patties in a large skillet. Cook on each size for 5 minutes or until cook thoroughly. Once they are done, remove from the pan and place on a clean plate.
- If needed, wipe out any leftover grease in the skillet. Then, add in brown gray envelopes, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until smooth. Increase the heat slightly and let the mixture come to a simmer. Let the gravy simmer for just 2-5 minutes or until it starts to get thick.
- Place the patties back into the skillet and coat them with the gravy. Heat just until they are warm. Serve immediately.
Be sure that the internal temperature of your patties is at least 160 degrees before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Meat Thermometer for Cooking, Instant Read Food Thermometer with Backlight Waterproof, Kitchen Digital Candy Thermometer for Grill BBQ Baking Water Milk Smoker Oil Deep Fry Liquids Turkey
McCormick Brown Gravy Mix .87oz
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate