Double Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies- -Double the chocolate with the added bonus of peanut butter! These cookies are dee-lightful and start with a cake mix for a quick bake. Grab a cold glass of milk and enjoy a cookie.
Recipe Questions & Notes
Can I Use Any Brand of Cake Mix?
Yes. As long as you stick with a standard size box of cake mix (15-18 oz), any brand or chocolate variety will work. Also, try and avoid anything with pudding included. It could alter the texture of the cookies.
Do I Have to Use a Chocolate Cake Mix?
Nope. These will also do well with a yellow or vanilla flavored mix.
What Kind of Peanut Butter Work Best?
I like to use a “regular” peanut butter for baking, as opposed to the natural variety. It has less oil!
Your batter will be thick. If it seems too dry, add a smidgen ( a teaspoon or so) more milk.
Keep any leftover cookies in a sealed container. They are best eaten within a week.
Love a Cake Mix? Try These Too
- Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
- Oreo Pudding Poke Cake
- Chocolate Pecan Oat Bars
- Shortcut Chocolate Doughnuts
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake
- 1- standard size box, chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup neutral tasting oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together dry cake mix, eggs, oil, peanut butter and milk. Mix until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes, then, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate