Honey Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and full of chocolate. Plus, with a minimal amount of refined sugar, these cookie are guilt free!
I seriously ♡ these cookies!
Of course, that goes for most chocolate chip cookies. But, these have the added bonus of having less calories and fat than your regular chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies are sweetened with honey and have just 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. ( 95 calories & just 3 grams of fat in one cookie!)
A simple list of ingredients:
- Flour + baking soda + cornstarch + salt
- Butter + Vanilla
- Egg white
- Honey + brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
A few notes: If you don’t want to use butter ( it’s just 2 tablespoons), you can replace it with coconut oil. Melt it first, and let it cool slightly before adding to batter.
Your cookies will be slightly puffed up after being baked. They will deflate a bit once they cool. If needed, you can flatten them down lightly with a spatula, while they are still warm.
This recipe makes 12 cookies. If you make more/less your calorie and fat numbers will be different.
Grab a cold glass of milk and enjoy-
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes:
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cornstarch and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and honey. Then, mix in vanilla, milk and egg white. Beat until combined.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 12 equally sized balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- adapted from Amy's Healthy Baking
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate