Sea Salt Brownie Cookies- Super fudgy cookies made with almond flour, are filled with dark chocolate chips and contain no refined sugar!
We are nearly at the end of January. That means, our No Refined Sugar series will be coming to an end very soon.
No worries! I really enjoy searching and making these recipes, so, they will continue to be shared here on the blog all year round. Just mixed in with all of the other sweet treats. 🙂
- Almond flour
- Coconut palm sugar
- Salt + Baking soda+ Vanilla
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Egg whites
- Dark chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt
Sugar: If you prefer, regular white sugar can be used in place of the coconut palm sugar.
Almond Flour: I don’t recommend using regular AP flour for these cookies, it could alter the texture of your cookies.
Coarse Sea Salt: While I love the taste of the coarse sea salt on top of these, it is optional. Plus, if you don’t have any coarse sea salt on hand, regular salt will be fine.
A small note:
- Don’t forget to refrigerate your dough before baking. Keep it covered in your refrigerator for at least an hour. You can keep it in longer, even overnight, if needed.
Used in this Recipe:
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, for topping
- In a bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix vanilla, egg whites and sugar until foamy. Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for at least one hour before baking.
- When ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or slip silicone mats.
- Scoop approx 1 TBSP of dough, roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and top with coarse sea salt. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 15 minutes before removing. Then, remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- adapted from skinnytaste
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate