Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with Chocolate-Irish Creme Glaze -Soft doughnuts baked (not fried!) and dripping with a dreamy chocolate glaze mixed with Irish creme creamer. A perfect treat for St Patrick’s Day…or anytime you want chocolate 👍
My favorite guilty pleasure= doughnuts.
My second favorite guilty please=chocolate
I mixed them together, added a little Irish creme and there you have it…Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with Chocolate-Irish Creme Glaze.
A new guilty pleasure. ☘️
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Flour + Salt+ Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Additional for glaze: Irish creme creamer and chocolate chips
Don’t Like Irish Creme? Simply replace it with regular whipping cream.
Don’t over mix your batter. You want it fully combined, but, don’t beat it to death. Your doughnuts won’t have as soft texture. Also, you don’t have to bring out your big electric mixer for these. A whisk, rubber spatula and a mixing bowl will work just fine.
Don’t overfill your doughnut pan! When filling with batter, you want the wells to be about 2/3 of the way full.
Using a piping bag works best for filling the pan with batter. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a large “ziploc” storage bag. Make a small cut in the bottom corner of the bag and squeeze the batter out carefully. If you aren’t comfortable with piping, I’ve used a small spoon to fill the pan and it’s worked well.
- FOR DOUGHNUTS:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- FOR GLAZE:
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2-3 TBSP Irish Creme coffee creamer
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease doughnut pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Mix until combined. Fill doughnut pan cavities about 2/3 full.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until doughnuts spring back when touched.
- In a medium saucepan, mix ingredients together until melted completely. Drizzle over doughnuts or dip tops in glaze completely. Start with just 2 TBSP of creamer and increase slightly if glaze needs thinning out.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate