Monster Brownies- Thick, fudgy brownies that are made with brown sugar instead of the classic white sugar. Plus, they are decorated with a fun monster theme for Halloween. 🎃
With everything going on and the current state of the world, Halloween may be looking quite different this year. It will be for us.
If you can’t trick or treat or have a celebration this year, these brownies are the perfect solution. They are delicious brownies, plus, they are super fun to decorate for the occassion.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Brownies?
- Flour + Salt+ Baking Powder
- Butter (melted)
- Brown Sugar (not white sugar!)
- Chocolate Chips
Will any brownie recipe work? Yes. If you don’t wish to use this recipe, use your favorite homemade or boxed version.
Decorations We Used
- Vanilla Frosting
- Food Coloring Gel ( to dye frosting)
- Candy Eyes
- Writing Gel Icing
- Chocolate sprinkles/jimmies
A few things to note:
- Be sure your brownies are cooled completely before adding frosting or decorations. Warm brownies taste delicious, but, will break apart when frosted.
- The below recipe uses an 8 x 8 baking pan, not a standard 9 x 13.
- No joke- -these brownies are amazing all by themselves! If you don’t want to decorate them, have them plain. They are a fudgy delight.
Have fun and enjoy-
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- dyed vanilla frosting
- candy eye balls
- gel writing frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix fully to combined, Then, add in flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder. Mix until the batter is fully combined and no dry spots are remaining . Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into prepared dish. Bake 32-35 minutes or until they start to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Let the cool completely before frosting/decorating
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate