Strawberry Meringues- Sweet strawberry cookies that are light as air! Made only with egg whites and sugar, these meringues are not only delicious, they are fat free.
Happy Strawberry Season!
- Egg whites
- Strawberry gelatin powder ( ex: Jello)
- Cream of tartar + salt
Can I Use Any Flavor Gelatin?
In theory, yes. However, I have only made this in the strawberry flavor, so, I can’t say for certain. If you do give these a try in another flavor, please let me know the results!
How to Make Strawberry Meringues
- First, bring your egg whites to room temperature. This helps in bringing your egg whites together better.
- Next, start whipping your egg whites. Start at medium speed and use the whisk attachment with your electric mixer. Add in salt and cream of tartar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Then, gradually start adding in your sugar and gelatin powder. Don’t dump it all in at once. Your egg whites could deflate.
- Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. To test, remove your whisk from the mixer. If the egg whites stand up straight on the whisk and are glossy in color, you are good to go.
- Scoop or pipe the meringue on top a prepared baking sheet. They should be about 2 tablespoons of meringue.
- Bake in a preheat oven for 1 hour. Then, turn off the oven and let them sit in the oven for at least one hour. Don’t open the oven at this time. Check them after one hour to feel their texture. If the tops are fully dried, remove them. If not, leave in for additional time.
Love Meringue? Try these Too!
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP strawberry gelatin powder ( ex: Jello)
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- With an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium speed, then, add in cream of tartar and salt. Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Then, gradually, add in sugar and gelatin ( about 1 tablespoons at a time) and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Your egg whites should have a glossy finish.
- Scoop or pipe the meringue on top a prepared baking sheet. They should be about the size of 2 tablespoons.
- Bake for 1 hour. Then, turn off oven and let the meringues sit in the oven for at least 1 hour, without opening the oven. When meringues are done, they should be dry to the touch.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate