Peanut Butter Filled Granola Cups- Crunchy granola cups made with chopped peanuts, filled with creamy peanut butter and drenched in dark chocolate. They are just right for a guilt free snack or for breakfast on the go.
- Chopped peanuts
- Peanut butter
- Dark chocolate
Granola: I used a dark chocolate hazelnut granola for these. It went great with the peanut butter. However, any brand/flavor will work. I would stick with a granola that has small-medium size pieces.
Honey: If desired, you can replace this with pure maple syrup.
Peanut Butter: Regular or natural will both work for these cups. However, since the natural variety has more oil, you may need to increase your granola/chopped peanuts just a bit to make sure everything sticks together properly.
- Store any leftovers in your refrigerator.
- If you are melting the chocolate in the microwave, do it in 30 second intervals. This will help prevent it from burning.
- 2 1/2 cups granola
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 TBSP creamy peanut butter
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together granola, chopped peanuts, peanut butter and honey. Mix it well and make sure everything is coated well. Press the mixture evenly into the wells of the pan. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Make filling: In a saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter until it's thinned out and smooth. Remove the granola cups from the freezer and spoon the peanut butter on top of the cups. Freeze again for another 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. Spoon evenly over filled granola bites.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 6gSugar: 23gProtein: 13g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate