Cracker Toffee- Crazy easy and totally addicting toffee made with just a few simple ingredients. You will not be able to resist this homemade candy…guaranteed!
A few years ago, I came across this recipe from A Southern Grace , and it puzzled me.
Crackers? Chocolate? Toffee? 🤔
But, the simplicity of the recipe drew me in and I gave them a whirl. That was an incredibly good idea on my part.
Guys, this stuff is amazing. If you haven’t given it a try, please do so this holiday season. It’s not only a great dessert option, but, makes a fun homemade gift too.
- Chocolate chips
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla + Salt
- I have used both Ritz crackers and saltines for this toffee. Both worked like a charm.
- Real butter, not margarine!
- I tossed a few sprinkles on ours, but, feel free to decorate as you wish. Chopped nuts are a great option. Just be sure to add the toppings before your melted chocolate sets.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container or storage bag in refrigerator. It can also be kept in the freezer for long term storage.
More Homemade Candy to Try
- 35-40 "Ritz" or Saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) real butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with foil, then, spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Spread crackers on prepared baking sheet, creating a single layer.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then, reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thicken. Bake 7-9 minutes or until mixture becomes bubbly. Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let them melt a bit. Then , spread chocolate evenly over crackers/toffee.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to set. Break apart into pieces for serving.
- adapted from A Southern Grace
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate