Cinnamon Oat Muffins- – Your perfect breakfast muffin has arrived! No flour, no refined sugar and no oil! Plus, they are low fat and of course, yummy.
Serious muffin ♡ today!
These muffins have zero:
- refined sugar
Also, each muffin is only 89 calories and has 2 grams of fat. Thank you Bren Did for the recipe inspiration.
The Ingredients You Will Need:
- Old fashion oats: You will need 2 1/2 cups total. 1 1/2 cups of that will need to be grounded. This can be done with your food processor or blender.
- Baking soda + Baking powder + Salt+ Ground cinnamon
- Applesauce: You can also use 2-3 ripen mashed bananas.
- Milk: I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but, regular dairy milk will work just fine.
A few things to note: I simply used a mixing bowl with a silicone spatula for mixing and it worked great. So, no need to pull out your big electric mixer for these.
Don’t forget to let the batter sit for 10 minutes after mixing is complete. This will give the oats a chance to soak up the milk.
This recipe makes 18 muffins, instead of the standard 12. You will need an additional 6 count muffin pan or bake in two separate batches.
Yes..more muffins ⇣
- 2 1/2 cups old fashion oats (will be divided)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk ( or regular dairy )
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 TBSP old fashion oats
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan or line with liners.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of old fashion oats and place in food processor or blender. Grind mixture until it's finely ground and almost resembles flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix applesauce, eggs, honey and vanilla until combined. Then, stir in milk. Mix to combine.
- Add in grinned oats, remaining 1 cup of old fashion oats, baking soda & powder, salt and ground cinnamon. Mix to combined.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes. This will give the oats time to absorb the milk.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and top with old fashion oats and ground cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- adapted from bren did
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate