One Skillet Cheesy Pasta and Ground Turkey – Dinner in one pot! A deliciously simple meal ready in about an hour. It features melty cheese, flavorful pasta, sweet tomatoes, lean ground turkey, and nutritious carrots.
Just a few ingredients
Can I Use Ground Beef Instead?
Yes. This recipe will also work with ground beef. After browning the ground beef, be sure to drain off any excess grease from the skillet before moving to the next step.
Will Any Kind of Pasta Work with This?
Well, yes. Maybe. I like to use elbow macaroni for this dish. If you stick with something similar in size, it should work out ok. Don’t go too big or small with your dry pasta. It may affect the outcome of the recipe. You can, however, use whole wheat pasta, if you wish.
Gluten Free Pasta
I have not tried this with a gluten free pasta. Therefore, I can’t say for sure that it will work with the below recipe. Gluten free pastas do cook differently that your standard white or whole wheat variety and you may need to adjust your liquid to get it to work. If you do, please let me know how it works out!
A Look Back
- one year ago: Marble Layer Cake
- two years ago: Pumpkin Snack Cake
- three years ago: One Bowl Chocolate Chip Blondies
- four years ago: Easy Salted Caramels
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 28 oz can, crushed tomatoes
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- 1 1/2 cup dry elbow noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil, for pan
- green onions, for topping
- In a large skillet ( it will need a lid), add in a bit of olive oil. Add in carrots and cook for 1-3 minutes. Then, add in ground turkey. Cook the ground turkey, breaking it up as you go, until it is no longer pink. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, minced onion, oregano and salt/pepper. Cook for just a minute.
- Stir in dry pasta, water and crushed tomatoes. Mix to combine. Increase the heat slightly and let it come to a boil.
- Cover the skillet and lower your heat. Let it simmer until the pasta is tender. This should take 8-10 minutes.
- Once the pasta is tender, turn off your heat. Remove the lid and top with the shredded cheese and again, cover with lid just until the cheese is melted.
- If desired, you can serve with chopped green onions.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.