Easy Salted Caramels- – So easy! With just a handful of ingredients, you can make these delicious caramel candies right at home. Perfect for a sweet treat or homemade gift to give for the holidays.
I seriously love these caramels. They are beyond delicious and really simple. Plus, you make them in your microwave. Yep, the microwave.
- Microwave + microwave safe mixing bowl
- Silicone spatula or wooden spoon
- Measuring cups/spoons
- 8 inch baking dish or 8-9 inch loaf pan
The List of Ingredients + Brief Notes
- Butter: Real butter, not margarine.
- Sugar: Brown & White
- Light corn syrup
- Coarse sea salt
- Cooking time is based on my microwave, which is 1500 watts. Depending on the wattage of your microwave, your cooking time may differ. Although, the original recipe was made in a 1100 watt microwave and I came out with the same result. Use your best judgement 🙂
- I used a 8 inch loaf pan and cut approx 30- 1 inch pieces. The amount of final pieces will depend on the size of the pan that is used and how small/large you cut the pieces.
- Melted caramel is VERY HOT! Please, be careful when handling the bowl and make sure to wear oven mitts when doing so.
- Wrap your pieces in parchment paper or wax paper to give as gifts. You can also store them in this fashion for longer storage.
- Per instructions on the original recipe, it’s not recommended to double this recipe. I have’t tried to, but, Terri knows her stuff and I trust her recipes. 👍
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine!)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- coarse sea salt
- Line a 8 inch pan or 8-9 inch loaf pan with foil. Then, grease the foil very well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter completely. Remove and stir in sugars, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Place back into the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl, stir the mixture and scrape any access from the sides of the bowl.
- Return to microwave and cook for another 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl and give the mixture a stir. Then, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate