Easy Salted Caramels- – So easy! With just a handful of ingredients, you can make these delicious caramel candies right at home. Perfect for a sweet treat or homemade gift to give for the holidays.
I seriously love these caramels. They are beyond delicious and really simple. Plus, you make them in your microwave. Yep, the microwave.
Supplies Needed: Microwave + microwave safe mixing bowl, silicone spatula or wooden spoon, and measuring cups/spoons. Plus, a 8 inch baking dish or 8-9 inch loaf pan.
The List of Ingredients:
- Butter: Real butter, not margarine.
- Sugar: Brown & White
- Light corn syrup
- Coarse sea salt
- Cooking time is based on my microwave, which is 1500 watts. Depending on the wattage of your microwave, your cooking time may differ. Although, the original recipe was made in a 1100 watt microwave and I came out with the same result. Use your best judgement 🙂
- I used a 8 inch loaf pan and cut approx 30- 1 inch pieces. The amount of final pieces will depend on the size of the pan that is used and how small/large you cut the pieces.
- Melted caramel is VERY HOT! Please, be careful when handling the bowl and make sure to wear oven mitts when doing so.
- Wrap your pieces in parchment paper or wax paper to give as gifts. You can also store them in this fashion for longer storage.
- Per instructions on the original recipe, it’s not recommended to double this recipe. I have’t tried to, but, Terri knows her stuff and I trust her recipes. 👍
linking up and weekend potluck
Easy Salted Caramels
Easy Salted Caramels- - So easy! With just a handful of ingredients, you can make these delicious caramel candies right at home. Perfect for a sweet treat or homemade gift to give for the holidays.
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine!)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- coarse sea salt
- Line a 8 inch pan or 8-9 inch loaf pan with foil. Then, grease the foil very well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter completely. Remove and stir in sugars, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Place back into the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl, stir the mixture and scrape any access from the sides of the bowl.
- Return to microwave and cook for another 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl and give the mixture a stir. Then, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Yum love these!
Just in time for holiday giving, thank you for bringing your post to FF.
I love caramels. I always challenge myself to let one dissolve in my mouth rather than chew it. Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Potluck. I am pining this recipe to try later.
Thanks for stopping by Erica!
They look so yummy!! Thanks so much for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 6. Shared. I’d like to invite you to also link up at my Short Story Link Party. It is a creative writing exercise for fun and without a lot of editing. Just start typing and see what you come up with! Remember, no story is too short! See the party on my site for the current prompt, closes on the 22nd.
Thanks for the invite Dee 🙂
These caramels look delicious and also easy to make – the perfect Christmas gift!
My grandmother used to make these during the holidays without the salt. The sweet and salty sounds so delicious! Pinned 🙂
I agree Marie 🙂 Thanks for the pin!
These look delicious, and I love caramels! We will definitely be trying these!
Thank you Cherryl! Enjoy 🙂