Easy Salted Caramels- – So easy! With just a handful of ingredients, you can make these delicious caramel candies right at home. Perfect for a sweet treat or homemade gift to give for the holidays.
I seriously love these caramels. They are beyond delicious and really simple. Plus, you make them in your microwave. Yep, the microwave.
Supplies Needed: Microwave + microwave safe mixing bowl, silicone spatula or wooden spoon, and measuring cups/spoons. Plus, a 8 inch baking dish or 8-9 inch loaf pan.
The List of Ingredients:
- Butter: Real butter, not margarine.
- Sugar: Brown & White
- Light corn syrup
- Coarse sea salt
- Cooking time is based on my microwave, which is 1500 watts. Depending on the wattage of your microwave, your cooking time may differ. Although, the original recipe was made in a 1100 watt microwave and I came out with the same result. Use your best judgement 🙂
- I used a 8 inch loaf pan and cut approx 30- 1 inch pieces. The amount of final pieces will depend on the size of the pan that is used and how small/large you cut the pieces.
- Melted caramel is VERY HOT! Please, be careful when handling the bowl and make sure to wear oven mitts when doing so.
- Wrap your pieces in parchment paper or wax paper to give as gifts. You can also store them in this fashion for longer storage.
- Per instructions on the original recipe, it’s not recommended to double this recipe. I have’t tried to, but, Terri knows her stuff and I trust her recipes. 👍
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine!)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- coarse sea salt
- Line a 8 inch pan or 8-9 inch loaf pan with foil. Then, grease the foil very well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter completely. Remove and stir in sugars, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Place back into the microwave and cook for 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl, stir the mixture and scrape any access from the sides of the bowl.
- Return to microwave and cook for another 3 1/2 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl and give the mixture a stir. Then, stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle the top with coarse sea salt. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate