Jack o Lantern Brownie Cupcakes-Just in time for Halloween! Fudgy brownie cupcakes decorated as fun jack o’ lanterns. Super cute and a really fun activity for the festivities.
📌 Pin it for Later
- 1 box of brownie mix for a 9 x 13 baking pan + ingredients called for on the box
- Vanilla Frosting
- Orange Food Coloring Gel
- Candy Eyes
- Black Writing Gel Icing
- Chocolate sprinkles/jimmies or Halloween themed
- Green Apple Gummy Rings
Will any brownie recipe work? Yes. If you don’t wish to use a boxed version, go with your favorite homemade recipe. Be sure it’s for a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Can these be made as mini cupcakes instead? Yes. If desired, use your 24 count mini muffin pan for these! Be sure to decrease your baking time about 5 minutes.
Green Apple Gummy Rings: I found a pack of these in the candy aisle of my grocery store. If you can’t locate them, check out the recipe card below. If you want to use another green candy that will look like a pumpkin stem, go for it. 🙂
These are Fun Too ↓ 👻
More Brownies to Try:
- Sour Cream Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- French Silk Brownies
- Potato Chip Candy Brownies
- Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 box, brownie mix for a 13 x 9 baking pan, plus, ingredients called for on the box
- 16 oz container vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- 3- Green apple gummy rings, each cut into 4 pieces
- Black writing gel
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcake liners or grease with non stick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on box. Divide batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting/decorating.
- Mix vanilla frosting with orange food coloring. Then, frost on cooled cupcakes. Place a piece of green apple gummy at the top of a cupcake.
- Then, decorate with candy eyes, black writing gel and sprinkles, as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.