French Silk Brownies! Fudgy brownies filled with mini chocolate chips and topped with a silky chocolate filling…just like the classic pie.
If you are looking for a seriously decadent chocolate dessert to finish off your week…you’ve come to the right place!
We have brownies topped with a creamy, silky chocolate filling!
Chocolate Lover Overload ♡
Where’s the brownie recipe?! These brownies are great because, you don’t have to make homemade brownies for your base. You can use your favorite homemade recipe or you can grab your favorite store-bought brand of brownie mix. Yes, feel free to use the box stuffed! Whatever recipe you decide to use, just be sure it’s for a 9 x 13 size pan and mix the mini chocolate chips into your batter.
A couple brownie recipes you could try:
After making your brownies, let them cool completely. Then, make your filling by beating all the filling ingredients until smooth and creamy. Be sure your cream cheese is softened!
Spread the filling on top of the cool brownies and place them in the refrigerator to set. Setting time should be at least 1 hour before serving. The longer they are refrigerated, the firmer the filling will be.
When serving, top each piece with dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping (ex: Cool Whip/TruWhip) and sprinkle a few more mini chocolate chips on top.
- your favorite brownie recipe for a 9 x 13 baking dish
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, plus, additional for garnish
FOR FRENCH SILK TOPPING:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- whipped cream or whipped topping, for garnish
- Prepare brownies as directed by recipe and stir mini chocolate chips into the batter before baking. Let brownies cool completely before adding french silk topping.
- Prepared french silk topping: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and whipping cream. Beat until totally combined and smooth.
- Spread topping on top of cooled brownies. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until set.
- When ready, serve with whipped cream or whipped topping and additional mini chocolate chips.
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate