Chocolate Cake for Two- -A small size cake loaded with big chocolate flavor! Top it with a shiny chocolate ganache or your favorite frosting. Perfect for small gathering.
It’s crazy that my little dessert blog is already over a year old! Gosh, it has gone by fast. Perhaps, it’s the months of quarantine or the crazy insanity of moving a thousand miles away to a new home? MMM…🤔 Sounds about right.
When I started this blog, I wanted to share all types of desserts…including those that are smaller in scale. Just because we are making a cake, doesn’t mean it has to be a 4 layer extravaganza. Sometimes, it can be just a small cake that is delicious and will quickly satisfy your chocolate craving. Plus, it’s just enough for you and if you want to share, a friend.
A Short Supply List:
- 6 inch cake pan ( see recipe card for the one I like) + your favorite way to grease it
- Saucepan or microwave safe bowl
- Medium size bowl + whisk
- Flour + Salt+ Baking soda
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Egg + Vanilla
A few recipe notes:
- I used coconut palm sugar for this cake ( worked great!). However, regular white sugar can also be used.
- Looking for yellow cake for two? Find recipe right here!
- This ganache is optional. Any flavor frosting will go with this cake! If you are looking for a homemade chocolate buttercream option, you can find the recipe here or a vanilla buttercream frosting can be found here.
- Besides a frosting, a dusting of powdered sugar or cocoa powder are great options to top your cake.
- 3 TBSP chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk + 2 TBSP
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6 inch cake pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Then, add in egg, vanilla and milk. Mix in melted chocolate and butter. Mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before adding ganache or frosting.
- Pour chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl. Set aside. In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat whipping cream until it bubbles just lightly. Remove from heat an pour over chocolate chips. Mix until chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth. Spread over cooled cake. Chocolate will set as it cools.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate