Self Rising Flour Yellow Cake- A simple yellow cake that requires just a few ingredients, including, self rising flour.
Sometimes, you need a basic cake recipe for your collection. Nothing too fancy or flashy, just a simple, yellow cake that can be made quickly. Well guys, that is what I’m sharing today.
It’s just a 9 inch, one layer yellow cake that needs just a handful of basic ingredients and tastes pretty darn amazing. You can also dress it up or down, as you please.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Self Rising Flour
No Self Rising Flour on Hand? Make it homemade.
A few notes:
- This recipe can easily be doubled and made into a two layer cake.
- Be sure your butter is softened before adding it to the batter.
- Din’t over mix your batter. Simply mix in the flour until no dry spots remain. Over mixing your batter could give you a dense cake.
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Frosting ( pictured)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dusting of powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped topping ( ex: Cool Whip ) or Whipped Cream
- Matcha Frosting
- Lavender Buttercream Frosting
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick), butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup self rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, vanilla and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing in between.
- Add in flour and mix just until no dry spots remain. Don't over mix.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- adapted from food52
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate