Seven Minute Frosting- -Fluffy and fabulous! An easy frosting recipe that requires zero powdered sugar and is a great alternative to your basic buttercream.
No buttercream here! This fluffy frosting is more of the texture of a meringue, but, can still be used on any of your favorite baked goods.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Egg whites
- Light corn syrup
- White sugar
Egg Whites: Your egg whites will whip to a greater volume when they are at room temperature.
How to Make:
Note: Traditionally, seven minute frosting is made while whipping eggs whites with the corn syrup in a bowl over simmering water. While this method is different, you will still achieve a whipped meringue/fluffy frosting.
- First, in a saucepan, heat corn syrup with sugar. Continue until sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl with a whisk attachment, whip the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Then, stream in the warm syrup while continuing to whip the egg whites.
- Continue whipping until stiff peaks form. You want them to be shiny white in color and the frosting should not drip off the whisk.
- Use the frosting immediately…it sets quickly!
- Keep any leftover frosting in an airtight, covered container in the refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.
More Frostings to Enjoy:
- Chocolate Chip Frosting
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting with Marshmallows
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Frosting
- Lavender Frosting
- Matcha Frosting
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- In a small saucepan, add corn syrup and sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Let mixture come to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and salt with mixer (on high) until soft peaks form. Once peaks are formed, pour warm corn syrup in a steady stream into the egg whites.
- Continue beating until peaks are stiff.
- Frost on cake/cupcakes immediately.
- Store leftover frosting in covered container (air tight!) in refrigerator. Use within 2-3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 157gFiber: 0gSugar: 157gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate