Homemade Breakfast Sausage – -Flavorful sausage made with a combination of ground pork and ground turkey. It’s a great addition to your breakfast ( or dinner!) menu.
- Ground turkey
- Ground pork
- Sage ( fresh or dried)
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- Oil, for skillet
Can I Change The Meat Combination?
Yes. If desired, you can make this with a full pound of ground pork or a full pound of ground turkey. We like the flavor of both types of meat, but, go with your own taste preference.
- You can not only change the meat on these, you can change the spices and sweetener.
- A few dry spice ideas are red pepper flakes, poultry seasoning, cayenne, paprika, cloves or thyme.
- Make your sausage of the maple variety! Simply use real maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
Pin it for Later!
- You can make your patties larger or smaller than noted in the recipe card. Just be sure to adjust your cooking time. Your patties should have an internal temperature of least 165 degrees when they are completely cooked.
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. They are best eaten within 3-4 days.
- Freezing: These patties freeze great! Let them cool completely. Then, freeze in an airtight, freezer safe, covered container or storage bag. When you are ready, simply reheat them in the microwave , in a skillet over medium heat or in the oven.
A look back:
- one year ago: Death by Chocolate Poke Cake
- two years ago: Lemon Glazed Muffins
- three years ago: Mini Chocolate Whoopie Pies
linking up and weekend potluck
Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Flavorful sausage made with a combination of ground pork and ground turkey. It’s a great addition to your breakfast ( or dinner!) menu.
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 TBSP fresh sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt/pepper, to taste preference
- oil, for skillet
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients until fully mixed.
- Then, form the mixture into 6 equal size patties.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a skillet. Cook each patty until they are browned and fully cooked. About 5 minutes on each side.
- Your patties should have an internal temperature of least 165 degrees when they are completely cooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Meat Thermometer for Cooking, Instant Read Food Thermometer with Backlight Waterproof, Kitchen Digital Candy Thermometer for Grill BBQ Baking Water Milk Smoker Oil Deep Fry Liquids Turkey
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Cuisinart GG-12 GreenGourmet Hard Anodized 12-Piece Set, Black/Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate