One Bowl Chocolate Snack Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting- No Refined Sugar- – Chocolate love overload. ♡ A quick cake with a creamy frosting and no refined sugar to be found in either. A perfect weeknight dessert!
The perfect way to end a tough week- – chocolate cake.
Actually, it’s the perfect way to end any kind of week. Don’t you think? ッ
What supplies are needed? You will need 8 inch baking pan (plus your favorite way to grease it). You will also need a mixing bowl and silicone spatula/wooden spoon for the cake batter. For the frosting, you will also need an electric mixer/mixing bowl. Of course, you will also need measuring cups & spoons.
The Ingredients List:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Flour + Salt + Baking powder
- Canola oil
- Milk + Vinegar
- Additional needed for frosting: Honey + Butter
Just a couple of recipe notes:
- For the cake, I used an unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Regular dairy milk will also work. However, the nutritional information in the recipe card may be different.
- For the frosting: The butter must be well softened! This is extremely important for the texture of the frosting.
- Also for the frosting: After mixing, don’t forget to refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes before using. This will help it set and thicken up a bit. The longer you can let it set, the better.
- This frosting recipe makes enough for: 12 cupcakes or a 8-9 inch cake
Did Someone Say Chocolate Cake?!
- One Bowl Chocolate Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Blackout Cake
- Double Chocolate Fudge Layer Cake
- Chocolate Banana Applesauce Cake
- Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix milk with vinegar. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Add in maple syrup and oil. Mix to combined. Then, add in flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Mix well to combine. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- Beat all ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth. Let frosting sit in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes before using. Keeps leftover covered in refrigerator.
- cake adapted from chocolate covered kate
- Be sure your butter is soft! If it is too cold or hard, the frosting will not achieve a smooth texture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate