Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies – – BIG and buttery! These soft chocolate chip cookies are baked with a full cup of butter and are much larger than your average chocolate chip cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookies = Happiness. Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies = Gigantic Happiness
This recipe only makes 24 cookies. But, they are BIG cookies. You will need a cold glass of milk with these babies!
Your Supply List:
- Mixing bowl + Whisk
- Electric Mixer + Mixing bowl
- Flat rimmed cookie sheets + Parchment paper or slip mats
- Measuring cups/spoons
- 1/4 cup for dough + jar or cup
- Flour + Salt+ Baking soda
- Sugar- both brown & white
- Chocolate chips
Just a few recipe notes:
- Yes, you will need two sticks of butter for these cookies. Be sure it’s nice and soft before using.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours before baking. You can refrigerate it longer, even overnight, if you wish.
- The dough will spread when it’s baking. Leave about 2 inches in between the cookies while they are baking.
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla, then, beat until combined. Gradually, add in flour mixture and beat until fully combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours or even, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or slip mats.
- When ready, scoop 1/4 cup of batter and roll into a ball. Set it on prepared cookie sheets. Press the dough lightly with the bottom of a jar or glass. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Let cookies sit on pan and cool for 20-30 minutes. Then, cool completely on wire rack.
- adapted from taste of home
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate