One Bowl Chocolate Sheet Cake with Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting! One giant chocolate cake topped with a creamy buttercream frosting that has the added treat of sweetened condensed milk. Serve this one to a crowd!
This cake was made primarily for the frosting.
I spotted this recipe quite a while ago over at Cooking with Carlee and was determined to give it a try.
Buttercream frosting made with sweetened condensed milk?! What better way to eat it than on a giant chocolate cake?
I did add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder to mine to make it chocolate. But, even without the cocoa powder, this frosting is amazing.
Oh, so is this cake! 😉
- Large ( I used a 17 x 12) flat rimmed baking sheet + non stick cooking spray
- Mixing bowl (for cake batter)
- Electric mixer + mixing bowl (for frosting)
- Measuring cups/spoons
- 2- Rubber/silicone spatulas
Cake Ingredients: Flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder. Plus, water, canola oil, white vinegar and vanilla.
Ingredients For the Frosting:
- Powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sweetened condensed milk
A few notes: You will not need to pull out your big electric mixer for this cake. It takes just one bowl and a good silicone spatula for stirring. However, you will need it for the frosting.
This batter will also make cupcakes! Plus, you can use it to make a cake: 2- 8 or 9 inch pans = 30 minutes or a 13 x 9 pan = 35 minutes. Both at 350 degrees.
If you wish to make this frosting vanilla, simply omit the cocoa powder and cut back the condensed milk by about a tablespoon.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 TBSP white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 TBSP sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large (16-17 inch) flat rimmed baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, mix in flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Then, add in water, oil, vinegar and vanilla, Mix until fully combined. Spread batter on to baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting, beat butter until fluffy. Add in cocoa powder, and sweetened condensed milk. Beat well. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Frost on cooled cake.
- frosting adapted from Cooking with Carlee
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate