Chocolate Pecan Oat Bars- Layers of smooth chocolate syrup, crunchy pecans and two varieties of chocolate chips make up this delicious bars. Plus, a cake mix gives these a nice shortcut.
Many years ago, my mom gave me a large stack of paperback cookbooks. Nothing too fancy, just the ones that you grab at the checkout counter in the grocery store.
You know the ones. You have a couple of them in your kitchen, right? Lots of us do.
Anyway, my kids dove into these cookbooks with great delight and marked a few favorites with a marker. Among their chosen recipes were these bars. I made them and they soon became a family favorite.
Oats, chocolate, chopped pecans all mixed up with some butter and a cake mix. Simple and pretty amazing.
The Full Ingredients List:
- Yellow cake mix
- Chopped pecans
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup + flour
A few recipe notes:
- Make chocolate syrup homemade- – find the recipe here.
- Not a fan of pecans? Walnuts are a good substitute.
- When adding the final layer of dough on top, it will not cover the entire top surface. A few areas of chocolate peaking out are perfectly OK.
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 box yellow cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chocolate syrup and flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix dry cake mix, butter, and egg. Beat until fully combined. Add in oats and mix until combined.
- Remove 1 & 1/2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Spread remaining batter in the bottom of prepared baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle top with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and chopped pecans, then, drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Drop teaspoons of the remaining batter on top. Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until brown.
- Cool 30 minutes before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate