Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Bars: Soft pumpkin bars that only require a few easy ingredients and taste amazing. They are topped off with crunchy pecans and toffee bits and are just right to kick off the fall season!
Happy September! AKA Pumpkin Season Our first recipe for this fall are creamy pumpkin bars with a crunchy top. Or you can refer to them as a pan of deliciousness for all. 🎃 = 🧡
- Vanilla cake mix
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Evaporated milk
- Melted butter
- Chopped pecans
- Toffee baking bits
Cake Mix: Any variety of vanilla/yellow/white/spice dry mix will work. Be sure to stick with a standard size box of cake mix for the below ingredients to work . It should be approx 18 oz in size.
How to Make:
- First, be sure to grease your 9 x 13 baking dish!
- Next, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and evaporated milk. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking.
- Sprinkle the top of that pumpkin mixture with the dry cake mix. Yes, just the dry mix right from the box. Then, sprinkle the chopped pecans and toffee bits on top of that.
- Then, take that melted butter and drizzle it on top. Do your best to cover all with the melted butter, but, if you miss a few spots, don’t panic. It’s OK.
- Finally- – -Bake! After baking, let the bars sit for 30-60 minutes before serving. At first, the bars will be pretty soft, but, will firm up as they cool.
A few notes:
- Be sure to use pure pumpkin puree…not pumpkin pie mix.
- If you don’t have any pumpkin pie spice on hand, cloves or nutmeg are a good substitute.
- Is there a substitute for evaporated milk? Yes! Find it here.
- Topping ideas: Vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, whipped cream or additional chopped pecans & toffee bits.
More Pumpkin to Explore:
- Pumpkin Cake for Two
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 15 oz pure pumpkin puree
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box dry vanilla cake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture. Then, drizzle top of dry cake mix with melted butter.
- Sprinkle top with pecans and toffee bits. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bars sit for 30 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate