Pink Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting- A fun twist on the classic velvet cupcake! Pink cupcakes topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting.
These adorable cupcakes are just right for Valentine’s Day or just any old day you simply want a cupcake. 😉
- Flour + Salt+ Baking soda
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Egg + Vanilla
- Food coloring
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Butter: Make sure it’s softened.
Food Coloring: I was unable to find pink food coloring at my store. So, I simply used a smidgen of red instead. If you have pink, use the pink. If you have red, use the red, but, just a bit less than the pink.
A few notes:
- This recipe makes just 6 cupcakes, instead of the standard 12.
- Traditionally, velvet cupcakes are matched with cream cheese frosting. I shared a link to my recipe here at Big Green House in the recipe card. Being that this recipe only makes 6 cupcakes, you will have to cut that frosting recipe in half.
Think Pink 💗
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Lemon Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Frosting
- Frozen Berry Yogurt
- Fruit and Cereal Bars
- Strawberry Hand Pie
- 3/4 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring or 1-2 tsp of pink food coloring
- 1/2 recipe cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 6 count muffin pan or line with cupcake papers.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg, vanilla, food coloring and vinegar. Mix to combine. Gradually, add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two. Mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with a 1/2 recipe of cream cheese frosting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate