Two Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Frosting – -A burst of spring flavors in just two moist cupcakes. Fresh raspberry frosting gives them the perfect finishing touch.
A few months ago, I shared a lemon pie recipe that was made just for one person ( or two, if you want to share!). I also noted the reason for it- – I’m literally the only person in my family that likes lemon desserts.
I know, they are crazy, right?
With that in mind, I made lemon cupcakes this week and made just two. Yep..two! Plus, they are frosted with a creamy fresh raspberry buttercream frosting. 😋
- Flour + Baking powder
- Egg White
- Lemon juice + zest
- for frosting: raspberries + butter+ powdered sugar+ vanilla
Note: Don’t over mix your cupcake batter, it may give you dense cupcakes.
How To Make Raspberry Frosting:
First, puree the raspberries with vanilla. You can use a blender, immersion blender, or food processor. If you wish to remove the seeds from the puree, drain it through a fine mesh strainer. If you don’t mind the seeds, leave them in!
Beat softened butter with puree. Then, add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Depending on the consistency of frosting, you can add additional powdered sugar. Do this with just a tablespoon at a time.
Make sure your cupcakes are cooled before frosting and store any leftover frosting in a covered container in the refrigerator.
More Small Size Lemon Desserts:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg white
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 6 TBSP butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberries, pureed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 2 cupcake liners into cupcake pan or grease just two opening in pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg white, sugar, milk, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined. Add in flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until fully combined and smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into two openings of cupcake pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- With a food processor or blender, puree raspberries with vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and raspberry puree until fully combined. Add in 1 cup of powdered sugar. If needed, add additional powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Frost on cooled cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1114Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 200gFiber: 2gSugar: 182gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate