Lemon Glazed Bundt Cake- -A moist bundt cake coated in a sweet lemon glaze and a thick lemon icing. Perfect for the lemon lover in your life!
- Flour + Baking powder + Salt
- Lemon zest + Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
Can I Use Bottled Lemon Juice? Yes. Fresh or bottled juice will both work. However, you will need fresh lemon for the zest. If you have lemon oil, that will work in place of the fresh lemon zest.
- Your butter ( 2 sticks!) needs to be softened before using. Cold butter may affect the consistency of your cake.
- Be sure not to over mix your batter. Simply mix until there are no dry spots left in the batter. Remember to scrape the sides of your mixing bowl as you are mixing.
- After baking the cake, let it cool for just 5-8 minutes. Then, apply the glaze to the warm cake. Once it’s glazed, let it cool completely before adding the icing.
- Keep any leftover cake in the refrigerator.
Tips for Removing Your Cake:
- Grease the pan generously. I like to use cooking spray with flour included.
- When you are ready to remove the cake, run a sharp knife gently along the edge and middle of the pan.
- Tip the pan upside down on top of a cake platter/plate. Using a large plate works well for this.
- Let the cake fall naturally. If it’s not happening, tap the bottom of the pan gently to give it a little help.
Lemon Lover? Check These Out:
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-10 inch bundt pan, generously.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time. Beat each one well before adding in additional eggs. Add in lemon zest.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and milk. Alternating between the two. Beat until no dry spots remain...don't over mix your batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the Glaze: In a saucepan over low heat, warm lemon juice with sugar. Heat for just about a minute or two. Just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Once the cake is fully baked, let it cool for 5 minutes, then, remove from the pan. While the cake is still warm, brush the cake with the prepared glaze.
- Let the glazed cake cool completely before adding icing.
- Make Icing: Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle on top cake of the cooled
- adapted from King Arthur Baking
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 578Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 2gSugar: 91gProtein: 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate