Oatmeal Jam Bars–Crunchy bars with with an oatmeal base, a sweet fruity jam center and then, topped off with more oatmeal. Great for dessert or a healthy snack!
Oatmeal Jam Bars= No guilt snack!
The Ingredients List:
- Whole wheat flour + Ground cinnamon
- Old fashion oats
- Coconut palm sugar
What supplies are needed? A 9 x 13 baking pan ( + foil & non stick cooking spray), a food processor, spatula for spreading jam, and measuring cups/spoons.
A couple of recipe notes:
If you don’t have any coconut palm sugar, it can be replaced with regular brown sugar. However, the nutritional information in the recipe card may be different.
Same goes for the flour. Regular white flour can be used in place of the whole wheat version.
A blender, pastry cutter or using two knives will all work, if you don’t have a food processor.
Jam: Ours is of the mixed berry variety, but, any flavor will work. Go with your fave!
- 3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks) butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup jam
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil, then, spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender, add dry ingredients and pulse to combined. Then, add in cold butter and pulse again until crumbs are formed.
- Remove 2 cups of the mixture and set aside. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Spread jam on top of crust, then, top with reserved 2 cups of oats mixture. Bake 25-20 minutes or until edges are brown and jam is slightly bubbly.
- Let bars cool before cutting.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate