Pie Crust Nachos- Jazz up your nacho routine! Crispy wedges of pie crust that are coated with a cinnamon sugar topping. Top this fun dessert off with chocolate syrup and your favorite candies or nuts.
Who says that nachos only have to be tortilla chips topped with cheese and salsa?
These dessert nachos are really easy to throw together and make dessert a little more fun! They have a great crunch ( just like your savory nachos!) and are totally versatile when it comes to dressing them up.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Pie crust dough
Pie Crust Dough: I used a single 9 inch pre made pie crust. You can use your favorite brand or if you want to take the time, make your own homemade dough. Whichever you chose, let the dough come to room temperature before using.
Can this recipe be doubled? Yes. If you wish to use 2 pie crusts, simply double the amount of cinnamon and sugar mixture. The remainder of the recipe stays the same.
How to Make:
- First, let the pie crust dough come to room temperature. Then, roll it out flat and cut into triangles.
- In a plastic storage bag, add in cinnamon and sugar. Then, add in dough triangles and seal up the bag. Give it a light toss. Make sure all the pieces are coated well.
- Place the cinnamon coated triangles on the flat rimmed baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Once fully baked, let them cool about 5-10 minutes, then, place on a serving plate. Top them off with your desired toppings.
For the Pie Lover in Your Life:
- 1- 9 inch refregerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- chocolate syrup
- desired toppings: candies, sprinkles, nuts, etc
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Let pie crust come to room temperature. Then, slice pie crust into desired amount of triangles.
- In a plastic storage bag, add in sugar and cinnamon. Then, add in pie crust pieces and seal. Shake lightly to coat.
- Place coated triangles in a single layer on to baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slices are brown and a bit crispy.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes, then, transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle nachos with chocolate syrup and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate