Cinnamon Cream Cheese Bars- A soft cream cheese filling sandwiched in between two crunchy cinnamon crescent roll crusts. You may also know them as Sopapilla Bars!
It’s weird how you can see a recipe all over the place online for years and think ” hey, that looks pretty good, I should make it!”. Then, you don’t. This has happened to me more times that I can count.
This is one of those kind of recipes for me. I have seen them so many times on other food blogs, on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Twitter, ( you get the idea) and have never made them.
Until now. Boy, was I missing out.
- Cream cheese
- Crescent roll dough sheets
- Ground cinnamon
Cream cheese: You will need 2- 8 oz bricks. Make sure it’s softened before beating it.
Crescent Roll Dough: I like to use the already made crescent dough sheets. If you can’t locate them in your area, you can simply use a regular package of crescent rolls. You will need to roll them out into 1 full rectangle and seal the seams together with your fingers. Then, you can follow the recipe as written.
How to Make:
- First, mix together the cinnamon-sugar mixture and set aside.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on to the bottom of the pan.
- Next, spread 1 sheet of the crescent roll dough on top.
- Beat the cream cheese mixture and spread that on top of the crescent roll base.
- Unroll the second package of crescent dough and spread it out on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Then, top it with remainder of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and bake.
These are quite yummy and are a great addition to a weeknight dessert or social gathering!
A look back:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
- Easy Oreo Mousse
- Coconut Snack Cake
- 10 Cheesecake Desserts that Require No Baking
- Mini Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins
- 2- packages of crescent roll sheets
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 /2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and ground cinnamon for cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle half of the mixture on the bottom of greased pan.
- Roll out 1 package of crescent roll sheet and spread on top of the cinnamon/sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Spread evenly on top of the bottom crescent roll sheet.
- Roll out the 2nd roll of crescent roll sheet and spread gently on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle top with the remainder of cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate