Marshmallow Fluff Chocolate Cake! Fudgy chocolate cake with a layer of marshmallow fluff and frosted with thick chocolate frosting!
I shared this cake in 2012 on Table for Seven. It was a delicious cake, but, throughout the years, I’ve made changes to the recipe to make it even more delicious than it was before. 😋
The Ingredients List:
- Chocolate fudge cake mix
- Dry instant chocolate pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Canola ( or vegetable ) oil
- Salt + Vanilla
- Marshmallow fluff
- Powdered Sugar
- Butter flavored shortening
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whipping cream
Can any substitutions be made? Yes. ⤼
- Whipping Cream? Use whole milk instead!
- Butter Flavored Shortening? Regular shortening
- Sour Cream? Plain Greek yogurt
Want to Make Homemade Marshmallow Fluff? Check out this recipe
Want to Make Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix? Check out this recipe. ( note: you will only use the ingredients for the dry mix)
A Tip: When you are working with the marshmallow fluff, non stick cooking spray is your best friend! Spray your spoon, knife, frosting tool, etc with non stick cooking spray beforehand. This will make using the fluff a whole bunch easier.
Love Chocolate Cake? Try these too:
- Chocolate Cake for Two
- Chocolate Roll Cake
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Cockeyed Cake
- Chocolate Blackout Cake
linking up and weekend potluck
Marshmallow Fluff Chocolate Cake
Fudgy chocolate cake with a layer of marshmallow fluff and frosted with thick chocolate frosting!
- 1 box- chocolate fudge dry cake mix ( just the dry mix!)
- 3 oz box, dry instant chocolate pudding mix ( just the dry mix!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canola ( or vegetable) oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 TBSP butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8-1/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat all ingredients for cake, except marshmallow fluff until fully combined. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely before topping with fluff and frosting.
- Once cooled, spread the top of the cake with marshmallow fluff.
- To Make Frosting: Beat butter and shortening until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Beat to combined. Add in 1/8 cup of cream and beat until fluffy. If needed, add in additional cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Frost over the layer of marshmallow fluff. Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 48gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Marshmallow Fluff Cake – Wochenend-Potluck 449 – Welt der Schönheit
Wednesday 7th of October 2020
[…] Marshmallow Fluff Schokoladenkuchen von Big Green House […]
Friday 2nd of October 2020
I have a recipe for brownies that uses marshmallow fluff. I find that if you put dollops of the fluff all over the cake while it is hot/warm, the fluff softens up and is much easier to spread than waiting until the cake/brownie is cool. Just a thought to help others make this luscious dessert.
Saturday 3rd of October 2020
Great idea Pam!