Mini Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins- -Soft doughnut bites baked up in your mini muffin pan! Their buttery cinnamon sugar topping make these little gems irresistible.
Sometimes, you just need a doughnut. It’s OK. I feel that way too.
Like, the other day, when I made these mini doughnut muffins. I was needing a doughnut and came across this recipe on my very favorite baking site. They were a perfect fit. My doughnut need was satisfied.
Plus, these are baked and mini. You can have one and not be overloaded with doughnut guilt. Just in case, you were worried about that. 😉
The Ingredients List:
- Flour + Salt+Baking powder+ Baking soda + Nutmeg
- Sugar: Both white & brown
- Butter: softened
- Oil: Canola, Vegetable or any neutral flavored oil
- Additional for topping: Melted butter + Ground cinnamon & additional white sugar
A few notes: If you have a doughnut hole pan, it can be used with this recipe. Head over to the original recipe and find instructions for using it.
Don’t over-saturate your muffins with melted butter. A quick coat of it will be enough to get the cinnamon-sugar mixture to stick.
Speaking of topping: When tossing the butter-coated muffins in the bag of cinnamon sugar mixture…don’t overcrowd the bag. Work in batches. This will give you more evenly-coated muffins.
More About Your Topping: Let the muffins cool 15-20 minutes before adding the melted butter and cinnamon sugar topping. If they are too warm/hot, they can fall apart and make a bit of a mess.
More mini Baked Goods:
- Mini Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Mini Cornbread Muffins
- Mini Lemon Pies
- Mini Apple Pies
- Mini Pie Crust Cinnamon Rolls
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil ( canola or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 24 count mini muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars, oil, vanilla and eggs. Beat to combine.
- Then, add in baking powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Mix well. Gradually, add in flour and milk. Alternating between the two.
- Divide batter evenly into mini muffin pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 15-20 minutes before adding the topping.
- In a large plastic storage bag, add the cinnamon and sugar for topping. Coat each muffin in melted butter, then, add to the bag. Seal the bag and toss to coast. Only add 3-5 muffins into the bag at a time. Don't overcrowd the bag!
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate