Mini Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins- Mini muffins packed full of peanut butter and bananas! Great for a snack or breakfast on the go. They can easily be adaptable to regular size muffins too.
Yay! More mini food!
- Flour + Baking soda + Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon + Salt
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
You will need 2-3 medium sized bananas, mashed. The riper, the better.
If desired, you can replace this with coconut palm sugar or regular white sugar.
I recommend using “regular” peanut butter, as opposed to the natural variety. Both will work, but, the natural does have a higher oil content. So, if you opt to use the natural, you may need an extra tablespoon or two of flour. It will help absorb the extra oil.
Can I Make Regular Size Muffins Instead?
Yes. Simply increase the baking time by approx 5 minutes. You should get about a dozen from this recipe.
Can These Be Frozen?
Yes! Once they are baked, let them cool to room temperature. Then, store them in a freezer safe (covered) container or storage bag. They will be good for a couple of months.
If you aren’t freezing your muffins, simple store them in a covered container. They don’t need to be refrigerated.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 24 count mini muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together mashed bananas, vanilla,egg, sugar, melted butter and peanut butter. Mix to fully combine.
- Add in flour mixture and gently mix until no dry spots are left in batter. Don't over mix..a few lumps are OK.
- Divide batter equally into muffin pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate