Peanut Butter Cups- – Fun cups that require just 5 simple ingredients and zero baking!
My 14 year old son has a serious love of Reese’s peanut butter cups. I do believe, if it was possible, that they would be the only food he would consume. Of course, that’s along with french toast sticks and grilled cheese. He has simple tastes.
When I offered him one of these, I was a bit hesitant. He is, after all, a devout Reeses’s lover. Good news! He loved them. For such a serious peanut butter cup eater, these were just as delicious as the packaged ones.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Creamy peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Brown sugar
- Canola oil
How to Make the Cups: First, line a 12 count cupcake pan with liners.
In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter and brown sugar until fully combined. Set aside.
Then, using a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and oil together until smooth. Important: Do this in 30 second intervals. This will help prevent it from burning. Once melted, stir in vanilla.
Take about a tablespoon of melted chocolate and spread on the bottom of the cupcake liner.
Then, add in about a tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture.
Finally, take another tablespoon of melted chocolate and spread on top of the peanut butter mixture. Once all are completed, place in the refrigerator to set for about an hour.
A few notes:
- If desired, you can use a mini muffin pan instead of a regular size. Just adjust the amount of chocolate/peanut butter for each cup.
- No brown sugar on hand? You can replace it with honey, if desired.
These are quite delicious (and addicting!). Make them as a weeknight treat or as a homemade gift for the holidays.
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a 12 count muffin pan with cupcakes liners.
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter and brown sugar until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and oil until smooth. Do this in 30 second intervals, to avoid burning. Once melted, stir in vanilla.
- Scoop approx 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate and spread in the bottom of the cupcake liner. Then, add about a tablespoon of peanut butter on top. Finish off with another tablespoon of melted chocolate. Repeat with remaining cups.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until set.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate