Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread-Soft banana bread packed full of dark chocolate chips. It’s baked up in a iron skillet instead of a traditional loaf pan and contains no refined sugar!
Why bake banana bread in an iron skillet?
First, an iron skillet evenly distributes heat. In turn, this will bake up your bread more evenly.
Second, it’s a shorter baking time. While a 9 inch loaf pan will take you anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour for banana bread, a 9 inch skillet only takes about 25-30 minutes for baking.
Hence, you are enjoying your fresh baked banana bread considerable quicker this way and that, is definitely a good thing. 👍
- Coconut palm sugar
- Flour + Salt+ Baking soda
- Dark chocolate chips
Butter: Be sure it’s softened!
Coconut Palm Sugar: If desired, this can be replaced with regular white sugar or brown sugar.
Bananas: I used 3 medium size bananas for ours. Depending on the size of your bananas, you will need about 1 cup of them mashed.
Flour: Feel free to use a combo of white and whole wheat flour, if desired. I wouldn’t recommend using all whole wheat, as it could turn out a bit denser than average.
Do I Have to Use an Iron Skillet? No. A 9-10 inch oven safe skillet will also work. See recipe card for the iron skillet I have and love.
More Recipes with No Refined Sugar:
- 1/4 butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 medium size bananas, mashed ( approx 1 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using an iron skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over low heat on the stove. If using a regular oven safe skillet, grease skillet well.
- In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter, sugar and egg. Then, add in bananas and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add in flour, salt and baking soda and mix until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Spread batter into prepared skillet and sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate