Yogurt Banana Bread- – Make some use of the ripe bananas in your kitchen! Soft banana bread made with Greek yogurt and if you wish, a crunchy, sugary topping. Low in fat and delicious.
Banana bread➝ ➝ ultimate comfort food 🍌
- Flour + Baking Soda
- Brown sugar
- Greek yogurt
- Egg + Vanilla
- For topping: Sugar/Ground cinnamon
Can I Use Regular Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is needed for its texture. Regular yogurt isn’t as thick as the Greek variety and may change the outcome of your banana bread. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use sour cream instead.
Can Any Additional Substitution be Made?
Yes! If you wish, coconut palm sugar can be used in place of brown sugar.
Pin it for Later!
A Note About Topping
I made a small mixture of coarse sugar and ground cinnamon, then, sprinkle it on top of the batter before baking. It’s totally optional, but, does add a nice finishing touch. If you wish to add the topping, mix about 2 tablespoons of white sugar (regular or coarse) with about a 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
Make Your Yogurt Banana Bread
- In a mixing bowl, mix brown sugar and mashed bananas. A quick way to mash your bananas- -potato masher. See the recipe card for the one I like.
- Mix in remainder of ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t over mix your batter! A few lumps are OK.
- Spread batter into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar topping.
- Let your bread cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Then, cool on wire rack until you are ready to serve. Serving it warm with a little butter is heavenly. 💛
More Bananas to Enjoy!
Banana Pudding Cupcakes
Banana Pudding Cupcakes- The classic dessert in cupcake form! Banana cupcakes with a vanilla wafer base, filled with banana pudding and topped with a creamy buttercream frosting.
Chocolate Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate Glaze
Chocolate Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate Glaze! Chocolaty bread made with bananas and no refined sugar. Top it off with a glossy dark chocolate glaze for the perfect chocolate treat.
Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins
Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins- Soft, moist muffins with a swirl of chocolate hazelnut spread mixed right in! Delicious for breakfast or dessert.
Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread-Soft banana bread packed full of dark chocolate chips. It's baked up in a iron skillet instead of a traditional loaf pan and contains no refined sugar!
linking up and weekend potluck
Yogurt Banana Bread
Yogurt Banana Bread- - Make some use of the ripe bananas in your kitchen! Soft banana bread made with Greek yogurt and if you wish, a crunchy, sugary topping.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3-4 medium size ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 in loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix brown sugar and smashed bananas. Add in egg, vanilla, and yogurt. Mix until combined. Add in flour and baking soda and mix until just combined. A few lumps is OK.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. If desired, you can sprinkle about a tablespoon of a cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bread sit in pan for 5 minutes before removing. Then, cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate
Wednesday 8th of April 2020
We are featuring your awesome post at Full Plate Thursday,479 this week! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us and we sure hope you have a great week! Miz Helen
Wednesday 8th of April 2020
That's great Miz Helen! Thank you :)
Friday 27th of March 2020
I absolutely love your recipes. They have simple ingredients - always items you would have in your fridge or pantry and the fats and sugars are very low. Keep them coming.
Saturday 28th of March 2020
Thanks so much Sue :) More to come!