Nutella Swirled Banana Muffins- Soft, moist muffins with a swirl of chocolate hazelnut spread mixed right in! Delicious for breakfast or dessert.
There are certain foods/recipes that my family never gets tired of. Muffins ranked pretty high on that list. Especially, muffins with either chocolate chips or banana.
These muffins do not include chocolate chips, but, they do include a creamy chocolate hazelnut spread! So, of course, my family inhaled them.
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Flour + Baking powder & Soda + Salt + Ground cinnamon
- Brown sugar
- Nutella *
* Do I have to use Nutella brand? Nope, your favorite brand equivalent of chocolate hazelnut spread will work just fine.
What Supplies are Needed?
- 12 count muffin pan + liners
- 1 medium size mixing bowl + 1 larger mixing bowl
- Whisk + Rubber/silicone spatula
- Potato masher ( for bananas)
- Measuring cups & spoons
No electric mixer? There’s no need to bring out the big electric mixer for these. As noted above, a few good mixing bowls, a whisk and rubber spatula will do just fine. Just be sure to mix the batter only until it’s mixed. A few lumps are OK!
Can these be frozen? Yes. These can put in a freezer safe container/bag for several weeks. When you are ready to eat one, just heat it up in the microwave or oven for a few minutes to warm it up.
A look back ⇢ one year ago
- Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Funfetti Snack Cake
- Banana Pecan Muffins
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- S’mores Tart with Marshmallow Meringue
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking saoda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 7 oz Nutella or your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin pan or line with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together mashed bananas, vanilla,egg, sugar and melted butter. Mix to fully combine.
- Add in flour mixture and gently mix until no dry spots are left in batter. Don't over mix..a few lumps are OK.
- Divide batter equally into muffin pan. Add about teaspoon of Nutella on top of batter in pan. With a toothpick or knife, swirl the spread lightly into the batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate