Creamy Lemon and Swiss Chicken- Have dinner on the table in under an hour! Chicken served in a creamy sauce made with lemon and Swiss cheese. Side it up with your favorite rice or pasta for a quick dinner.
Your Ingredients List
Recipe Notes & Tips
☆ This is a very quick sauce to make, however, you do need to keep an eye on it. Whisk it frequently and don’t turn up the heat too high. Cooking it too fast or over high heat may burn it.
It needs to be cooked. This is a great option to use any leftover chicken you have in your refrigerator. You can also use a rotisserie chicken or grab a pack of cooked chicken from the grocery store.
☆ Just a tip…baby Swiss cheese melts better than traditional Swiss cheese. But, either will do the trick with this one!
Can I Use Another Flavor Cheese?
Yes! If Swiss is not your thing, you can replace it with gruyere, Parmesan or a goat cheese. Keep in mind, you will be adding lemon juice to the sauce, so, you want your cheese to pair with it nicely.
What Can I Serve this With?
A look back
- one year ago: Cupcake Cones
- two years ago: Ice Cream Quick Bread
- three years ago: Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded, Swiss cheese
- 1-3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cut into pieces
- black pepper, to taste preference
- In a skillet, melt butter. Then, whisk in flour. Cook for a minute or two.
- Then, whisk in cream and chicken broth. Continue until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in black pepper and lemon juice. Under medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until the mixture is slightly thicken. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in cheese and cooked chicken. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted and everything is hot.
- Serve with additional lemon juice an black pepper.
This page contains links from the Amazon, Thrive Market or Target Affiliate Programs. If an item(s) are purchased through an affiliate link, Big Green House earns a small percentage of the sale. See our Disclosure for further information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 175mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate