Double Chocolate Dump Cake- The easiest and chocolate-iest cake you will make. Dump your ingredients into your pan, mix and tada! Double. Chocolate.Cake. Yum!
What is a “Dump Cake” ?
- You dump all the ingredients into your pan and bake and usually, that list of ingredients is pretty short. Not a pretty name for a cake, but, it is a darn delicious cake. Once you try it, you won’t care what the name of it is. 😉
- Chocolate cake mix
- Instant pudding mix
- Chocolate chips
Can I Use Any Brand of Cake Mix?
Yes. You can use any brand or chocolate flavor for this cake. As long as you use a standard size box (15-18 oz), it will work. Also, you will only need the dry mix, don’t worry about any ingredients that are listed on the box.
The same is true for your pudding mix. Use any brand or chocolate variety for this one. Just be sure it’s the correct size box and it’s instant pudding ( not cook & serve). You will also only use the dry mix, you will not make the pudding!
Important: Make sure to let your butter cool completely before mixing it with the milk. If you don’t, you milk could curdle. Which, um, is not good.
Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. It’s best eaten within 2-3 days.
- 1- standard size box, dry chocolate cake mix
- 5 oz instant chocolate pudding dry mix
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) butter, melted and cooled completely
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 12 oz bag, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with the dry cake mix. Then, top evenly with the dry pudding mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cooled melted butter with milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour it on top of the dry mixes. Whisk gently to combine.
- Top it evenly with chocolate chips.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or baked thoroughly. Let it cool for about an hour before serving.
- adapted from spaceships and laser beams
- Be sure your butter is completely cooled before mixing with the milk, to prevent curdling
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate