Eggless Funfetti Cupcakes–Moist cupcakes that are fun, festive and taste amazing. Plus, no eggs required!
- Vanilla or Yellow Cake Mix
Use a neutral tasting oil ( canola, vegetable, sunflower, etc) As an alternative, you can use melted butter. Just be sure to let it cool for about 5 minutes before adding it to the batter.
Will This Work with Any Flavor Cake Mix?
Yes. As long the package is a standard size (16-18 oz). You can also use this with the homemade yellow cake mix recipe!
- To avoid dense cupcakes, don’t over mix your batter. Simply mix it until it’s fully combined and no dry spots remain.
- Storage: Keep any leftover cupcakes in a covered container in the refrigerator. This applies to any leftover frosting too. They are best eaten within a week.
- Looking for a different flavor frosting? Be sure to explore the frosting section of the recipe index!
🎊 Love Funfetti? Try the Funfetti Snack Cake.
- 1 box vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP milk
- splash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together dry cake mix and flour. Add in milk, applesauce and oil. Beat until it's fully combined. Stir in sprinkles.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool completely before frosting.
- Make Frosting: Beat butter and shortening until creamy. Gradually, add in powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in vanilla. Beat to combine. Add in milk until the desired consistency is reached. Frost on cooled cupcakes. If desired, sprinkle tops with additional sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate