Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake -A fun and simple cake made in cookie form. It’s loaded with two types of chocolate chips and finished off with a creamy chocolate frosting.
- Yellow cake mix
- Chocolate chips
After melting your butter, let it cool for 10-15 minutes before adding it to the batter. If desired, you can use a neutral tasting oil as a replacment.
None on hand? You can replace your eggs with 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
Will This Work with Any Flavor Cake Mix?
Yes! As long as you use a standard size ( 15-18 oz) box of dry cake mix, it will work.
- Your batter will be thick. Tip: Spray a silicone spatula or an angled frosting spatula with non stick cooking spray before spreading it into the pan. This makes the process much easier.
- Frosting: I have included the chocolate frosting recipe that I used below. However, if you have a favorite frosting ( homemade or canned version), go with it. You can also check out the frosting section of the recipe index for more ideas.
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator. It is best eaten within 2-3 days.
If you wish to freeze, let the cookie cake cool completely. I recommend not frosting it before freezing. Then, store in a freezer safe (covered) container or storage bag. When you are ready, let it defrost and frost it before serving.
Love a Giant Cookie? Try These Too
- Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
- Sugar Cookie Cake
- Skillet Peanut Butter Toffee Cake
- Skillet Monster Cookie
- 1 standard size box, yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, then, cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch round pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs and melted butter. Stir in both types of chocolate chips. Your batter will be thick.
- Spread evenly into your prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until just browned.
- Let the cookie cake cool completely before frosting.
- Make The Frosting: In a bowl, whisk together melted butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Add in milk and whisk until smooth. Frost on cooled cake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 2gSugar: 58gProtein: 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate