Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse- A creamy mousse made with avocados and dark chocolate. It only needs 5 simple ingredients and contains zero refined sugar!
I ♡ this mousse! It is crazy creamy and really delicious. If you are looking to cut back on refined sugar and are a chocoholic- -you are going to love this one too!
- Dark chocolate chips
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pure maple syrup
Pin it for Later:
Avocados: Remove the flesh from two medium size ripe avocados. The flesh is the soft green insides. The easiest way to do this is with a spoon. You won’t need the seed or the skin.
Dark Chocolate Chips: If desired, you can use a bar of dark chocolate or the baking bars. Your chocolate needs to be melted. You can do this on the stove top or in the microwave. If you chose the microwave, be sure to melt them in 30 second intervals, to prevent burning.
Maple Syrup: As I noted previously, using pure maple syrup is essential in keeping it unrefined. Using a maple flavored syrup will work, but, if you want to avoid refined sugar, go with the real thing.
Can I Use Another Sweetener? Yes. If desired, you can use honey or your favorite alternate sweetener. You can also use more/less that is called for in the recipe card, depending on your taste preference.
How to Make + A Few Notes:
- In your food processor or blender, puree all the ingredients until smooth. Transfer the mousse to a covered container and refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerating before serving isn’t required, but, it does give the mousse a chance to thicken up.
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. Eat within 2-4 days.
Love Dark Chocolate? Try these too!
- Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Cookies
- Double Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Flesh from 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 3 TBSP skim milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- In a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon mousse into a container and cover. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- adapted from chocolate covered kate
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate