Pan Banging Chocolate Chip Cookies- Giant chocolate chip cookies that are crispy, thin and filled with chocolate chunks. Their unique look comes from literally banging your pan in the oven while they bake!
Hi Friends! I made gigantic chocolate chip cookies this week! Let’s check them out ↓ ↓
The Ingredients List:
- Flour + Salt + Baking soda
- Egg yolk
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate bar
Chocolate: Do not use chocolate chips for this recipe. They will not work properly. Use an 8 oz semi sweet chocolate bar that is broken into pieces.
- Yes. While they are baking, you literally bang the pan down on to the oven rack every couple of minutes.
- The banging gives the cookies their thin and crispy texture. Each time the cookies start to puff up, bang that pan and flatten them out.
How to Make:
- First, make your cookie dough. Then, line your baking sheets with foil, dull side up.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of dough ( yes, 1/3 cup!) and roll it into a ball. Place on a baking sheet. Only bake 3 or 4 cookies on one sheet. These spread alot.
- Place those cookie balls in the freezer for 15 minutes and preheat your oven.
- Bake them for 10 minutes. Now, time to start banging your pan.
- Lift your cookie sheet up about 4 inches, then, gently let it fall on to the oven rack. Do this twice.
- Continue baking for an additional 15-18 minutes, while banging the pan twice every two minutes.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes after removing them from the oven. Then, cool completely on a wire rack.
Questions? Check out the original recipe for a giant list of FAQ’s!
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 TBSP water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate BAR, broken into pieces
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Then, add in egg, egg yoke, water and vanilla. Beat for 1 more minute.
- Fold in flour mixture. Then, fold in broken chocolate pieces.
- Line a 3 flat rimmed baking sheets with foil, dull side up.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining dough. Only place 3 or 4 dough balls on each sheet. They will spread quite a bit.
- Place baking sheets in freezer for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When ready, bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lift up the side of the baking sheet about 4 inches. Then, gently let it drop onto the oven rack.
- Continue baking 15-18 minutes while banging the baking sheet every two minutes or so. The edges should be brown and the middle lighter.
- Let the cookies site on baking sheet for 15 minutes before removing . Then, remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- adapted from vanilla bean blog
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate