Double Chocolate Muffins- – Soft muffins packed full of chocolaty goodness!
Chocolate overload coming your way today!
These muffins are not only a great breakfast option, chocolate= perfect for breakfast 😉 , they are also a delicious dessert or snack.
Ingredients Needed for Double Chocolate Muffins:
- Flour: regular + whole wheat
- Salt + Baking powder + Baking soda
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
Does whole wheat flour have to be used?
No, you can replace the whole wheat flour with regular AP flour.
What other substitutes can be used?
- Instead of melted butter: Canola oil or melted coconut oil
- Instead of milk: Buttermilk – –If you don’t have any buttermilk on hand, simply stir in 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice into the milk and let it sit for 5 minutes before adding to batter.
Last few notes: This recipe makes 18 muffins instead of the standard 12. Also, be sure not to over mix your batter..this will give you dense muffins.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, then, cooled
- 1 cup chocolate chips, for batter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 count muffin pan or line with cupcake papers.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in egg/butter mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate