Jazz up an ordinary box of brownies with this amazing dessert! Fudgy brownies baked in a skillet and topped with caramel sauce and sea salt.
- Brownie mix + ingredients called for on box
- Whipping cream
- Caramel sauce
- Coarse sea salt
Brownie Mix: Any brand/variety of brownie mix will work. Just be sure it’s for a 9 x 13 pan or a “family size” package. If you wish to make your brownies homemade, that will work too.
Caramel Sauce: Grab your favorite jarred version or make it homemade.
Coarse Sea Salt: I have a few family members that do no like salt on top of their desserts. Especially, brownies. So, I don’t sprinkle the salt on the entire pan of brownies. Instead, I do individual slices. I think the coarse sea salt is amazing on these, but, go with your own taste preference. If you chose to do the whole pan, each slice or omit the sea salt topping altogether, they are delicious all three ways.
📌 Pin it for Later
A few more notes:
Do I have to use an iron skillet? Nope. These brownies will also work in a regular skillet. Any oven safe, 9-10 inch skillet will work.
Storage: Keep any leftover brownies in a covered container. They don’t need to be refrigerated.
Freezing: These brownies can be stored in the freezer. However, I do recommend skipping the topping of caramel sauce and coarse seal salt for the freezer. This can be done after the brownies have been defrosted and you are getting ready to serve them.
Dessert in a Skillet:
- Skillet Peanut Butter Toffee Cookie
- Skillet Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Iron Skillet Lemon Cake
- Mixed Berry Crumble
- 1 box, dry brownie mix ( for 9 x 13 pan) + ingredients called for on box
- 1 TBSP whipping cream
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided + if desired, more for serving
- coarse seal salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. If you aren’t using an iron skillet, grease your skillet.
- Prepare brownies as directed. Pour batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of caramel with whipping cream. Drizzle on top of batter and swirl to combine.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let brownies cool for 30 minutes once removed from oven.
- Drizzle brownies with remaining caramel sauce Then, sprinkle with coarse sea salt. If desired, you can top individual brownies with more caramel sauce, when serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate