Banana Oat Bread is a soft, moist bread that is filled with a great banana flavor and hearty oats.
My family adores banana bread.
But, regular bananas that sit in a bowl in the kitchen? Um…not so much.
Once in a great while somebody will eat a banana, but, most of the time, they sit there. Until I bake with them.
Is this common?
Well, good thing they didn’t eat all the bananas this week, because, I did do some baking with them.
I made Banana Oat Bread. Yummy banana bread with the addition of oats. It’s moist and soft and as previously mentioned, yummy.
A few notes about your supplies:
- You can use your electric mixer for this bread. But, an important note: Don’t over mix your batter! This will give you a dense loaf of bread.
- A potato masher works perfectly for your bananas. See the recipe card for what I used.
- Be sure to grease and flour your 9 inch loaf pan well. This makes removal a snap.
Your Ingredients List:
- Bananas: medium size + ripe + mashed
- Oats: old fashion (not quick cooking)
- Brown sugar
- Butter: melted
- Salt + baking soda + ground cinnamon + vanilla
Serve it warm with a little butter..perfect!
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 3 ripe medium size bananas, smashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl. beat bananas and sugar. Then, add in eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add in melted butter and mix to combine. Finally, add in flour, salt, ground cinnamon, baking soda and oats. Beat just until fully mixed.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan. Bake 38-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Then, cool completely on wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate