Vanilla Cockeyed Cake ( no eggs, butter or milk)-The name says it all! An easy vanilla that is mixed and baked up right in the same baking pan. Top it with your favorite frosting for a delicious weeknight dessert.
A few years ago, I came across a recipe for the easiest chocolate cake ever. I found it from a cookbook from circa 1960. It’s simple and really amazing.
Today, I sharing a vanilla version of that really easy cake! Side Note: These are sometime referred to as crazy cakes or wacky cakes. 🙂
What Ingredients are Needed?
- Flour + Baking soda+ Salt
- Oil ( canola or vegetable)
- White vinegar ( or apple cider vinegar)
No Eggs? No Butter? No Milk? NO! This cake does not need any of them.
How to Make It:
- First, grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Then, lightly mix your dry ingredients in the pan. Yes..in the pan.
- Make three wells in the dry ingredients. They should be about the size of a tablespoon or just a bit larger for the oil.
- In the first well, add the vanilla. The second, the vinegar. The third, the oil.
- Pour water on top of it all. Then, mix it until no dry spots are left.
I topped ours with a can of vanilla frosting. But, this cake will match up with any flavor of frosting…canned or homemade. So, go with your favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 TBSP canola oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In the pan, lightly mix together flour , sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Make 3 wells in the dry ingredients. In one well, pour oil, in another, vanilla, and in last,vinegar.
- Pour water on top of everything and mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- If frosting, let cake cool completely beforehand.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate