Blender Salsa- -Flavorful salsa that is made with fresh tomatoes! Serve it with a side of chips or use it in any recipe that you need salsa for. It’s quick to throw together and can easily be adapted to your taste preference.
- Lime juice
( click to ) Pin it for Later!
I like to use Roma tomatoes. However, you , of course, can go with your preferred favorite. Roma do have less seeds and are smaller, making them easy to work with. Whatever you chose, just be sure your tomatoes are fresh and have no bruising.
I used a fresh onion, because, honestly, I had one in my kitchen. But, I have used mined onion and onion powder for this salsa and they have both worked just fine.
Again, if you have some fresh, go for it. If not, dried cilantro will do the trick.
Taste Test Your Salsa!
Below is what I used for this salsa. It’s pretty basic, but, this is a great recipe to experiment with. You can make a smooth salsa or chunky. Give it a taste and add or decrease the tomatoes, onions, or dried spices, or add a pepper for some heat. Whatever works best for you and your taste buds!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a covered container or jar. It’s best to use within 2 weeks.
A look back
- one year ago: Lazy Homemade Doughnuts
- two years ago: Seven Minute Frosting
- three years ago: Key Lime Cupcakes
- four years ago: Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped or cut into quarter pieces
- small bunch ( approx 1 TBSP) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- splash of lime juice
- Add all ingredients into a stand blender, stick blender or food processor. Blend until desired consistency is reached. Adjust ingredients to taste preference. For best results, cover and refrigerate for about 45 minutes to an hour before serving.
- Keep leftovers in a covered container or jar. Use within 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2340mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on abiggreenhouse.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate